Embedded Software Team Lead
About The Position
Nayax is a global Fintech company, specializing in cashless payment solutions for unattended points of sale such as vending machines, check-out stations, EV chargers, Laundromats and more.
Nayax’s proprietary software and hardware provide a complete solution for contact, swipe, and contactless payments including credit & debit cards, pre & post-paid cards, mobile apps and QR codes.
Nayax devices can be found all over the world, with branches in 9 countries, and 40 distributing partners. Our devices serve consumers in 55 countries and accept 26 currencies.
About the position
If you are a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Embedded engineer who is also a Team leader - We offer a great working environment in a successful company and development opportunities going forward.
The Embedded Software Team Leader will lead the Embedded team. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the SW running on the Nayax’ devices spread in the field all over the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead SW embedded teams (2-5 engineers)
- Support team members by acting as a technical expert in the appropriate field.
- Develop new features as defined by product team.
- Support product issue resolution teams to determine root cause, corrective action and lead it through to release and production.
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and deployment.
- Work in collaboration with other SW Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Work with product owners and business analysts to fully understand requirements.
- Proven experience in management and leadership of SW embedded teams (2-5 engineers) while being at least 50% hands on
- 5+ years of experience Developing Code in C
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field – Advantage.
- Knowledge in Real Time Operating Systems - Must , specifically FreeRTOS – an advantage
- Strong background in communication protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, …) – Advantage
- Capable of dealing with multi-projects/multi-products environment
- 'Big picture' perspective
- High inter-personal skills
- Fluent in English